All you need to know
This page contains links or information on everything you need to know about when and where Limmud Conference 2014 is taking place, who is presenting, what accommodation and food we offer and provide, and how much Conference will cost
You can also find information on provisions for families, and our Young Adult Development scheme for those aged 18-30 or enrolled in full-time tertiary education. You can also take a look through all the sessions held at last year's Conference (2013) here.
Click here to read all you need to know about health on Conference (2013 guidelines). This includes what to bring, how to avoid illness, and what to do in a health emergency.
Conference takes place at:
The University of Warwick, Coventry, CV4 7AL (and not in the city of Warwick)
- Accessibility at The University of Warwick is good – it’s a compact site, quick and easy to get around, with accommodation and session rooms in close proximity and most places on campus within ten minutes walk of each other
- We’ll be providing mobility assistance for those who need it
- Here’s a downloadable map of the campus
By Limmud coach
This year we are offering coaches from a wider range of locations, subject to sufficient demand:
- London – Edgware, Finchley Central, Golders Green, Stanmore, Victoria and Wimbledon
- Heathrow Airport
All coaches will run to Conference on the morning of Sunday 28th, and back on the afternoon of Thursday 1st. On Friday 26th, only the Golders Green and Heathrow Airport coaches will run. We will send out exact timings and pick-up locations to ticket-holders nearer the time.
Please tick the box on your application form to reserve your place. The cost of a coach ticket is £25 each way. If you do not apply for a coach place at first, you can still do this until the coaches are full by phoning the office on 020 3115 1620.
The University of Warwick is located in close proximity to the M1, M6, M40 and M42, with an approximate journey time of two hours from both London and Manchester. There is also ample free parking on campus. We will be running a car-pooling notice board - please check back nearer to Conference for further information.
By public transport
Coventry is well connected to the public transport network, with regular coach and train services to the area from around the country – so you can confidently consider leaving the car at home. A taxi from Coventry bus or train station to the University of Warwick costs around £10. However, please remember that Conference takes place over a holiday period – so do plan your journey with this in mind and in good time.
The nearest airport is Birmingham International Airport, just 30 minutes away by road. East Midlands International Airport is one hour's journey, Luton Airport is within 90 minutes, and Heathrow just over an hour and a half away.
The price of Limmud includes all meals, the full programme and alters according to the length of time you want to spend on Conference and the quality of accommodation you select. The full pricing list can be found on the prices page
We offer a number of different accommodation options, which are listed below. Alternatively, you are welcome to arrange your own accommodation, should you prefer to do so.
- Shared bathroom - Located within the Eruv, these rooms have one bathroom shared between about 8-10 participants. All of these rooms have manual locks.
- Ensuite - In these rooms, you will have your own bathroom, including a toilet and shower. Some of these rooms are located within the eruv and have manual locks
- Remote ensuite - Located about a 15-20 minute walk from the main campus and hub of Limmud Conference, remote ensuite rooms are located outside the Eruv and are the only ensuite rooms with manual locks.
- Hotel style - These rooms have full tea and coffee making facilities, a reception service, and the bins are emptied daily.
- Offsite - Local hotels are located about a 10-20 minute drive from Warwick University. Limmud will arrange shuttle buses in the mornings and evenings, subject to number of participants choosing this accommodation option. There are single, double and twin rooms available.
Please note: All meals are included in the off-site hotel accommodation package. They will be provided along with other participants on campus at Conference at Warwick University. Dining facilities are not available in the off-site hotel accommodation.
What about family accommodation?
For family accommodation information please go to the Families, Kids and Teens page.
Will I be hungry?
Not if we can help it!
We provide tasty, nutritious, fully supervised kosher food as part of your Conference fee. The menu will feature dairy, fish, vegan and vegetarian food. Food over Shabbat – including a meat meal – is included in the Shabbat Limmud fee.
There's tea, coffee and biscuits throughout the day and evening, a tuck shop for your chocolate fix as well as a late night burger and hot dog stall.
Our team of catering volunteers have been working throughout the year, taking on feedback from previous years and making some exciting changes to really enhance your meal times at Limmud Conference 2014.
If you have particular dietary requirements, please tell us on your application form.
What about Shabbat?
As usual, there will be an eruv (Shabbat boundary) at Conference. There will be single ensuite rooms inside the Eruv.
For practical reasons, we are unable to extend the eruv to the Scarman accommodation block where young families are located.
If this is an issue, we can offer single ensuite bedrooms (with electronic locks), or accommodation (with manual locks) inside the Eruv for the duration of Shabbat, after which you would move to family accommodation.
Please note, there will be facilities for everyone to leave possessions (such as siddurim and buggies) inside the Eruv during Shabbat.
Limmud does not offer childcare provision during Shabbat. Nursery and Young and Teen Limmud start from Sunday afternoon. However, there are Shabbat sessions for families to attend together and a families Shabbat lounge with some toys. There is also a limited babylistening service on Saturday night for families in Scarman.
If you are thinking of coming to Shabbat with a family and have any questions, please contact our Shabbat co-ordinators on firstname.lastname@example.org.