Participant care and inclusion
Caring for you at Conference
We're aiming to make this year’s Conference the most inclusive yet; whether that be making an extra effort to involve every age group, improving the additional accessibility provision that we offer (mobility scooters or triangular walkers) or developing the expanding Limmud L'Am programme for participants with learning disabilities.
At Conference there will be an information zone where volunteers will be available to answer any queries you may have. Please get in touch if you have any questions or if you would like to volunteer in any way before or during Conference - email email@example.com
Limmud is for everyone…
- All ages …… suitable programming for all
- All accessibility requirements …… improving the accessibility provision that we offer including mobility scooters and suitable accommodation
- All additional needs …… offering support for anyone attending Limmud Conference with additional needs
We're aiming to make this year’s Conference the most inclusive yet. We’re making an extra effort to ensure Conference is a safe environment where everyone is free to make the most of their Conference experience as they wish.
Meet Samantha and Lauren – responsible for ensuring Limmud Conference is inclusive for everyone.
They have answered some FAQ’s that may be on your mind when applying for Limmud Conference 2016.
What support do you provide for participants with additional needs?
Samantha: Please include details of access, medical or other needs on your application form, and a member of the Conference team will be in touch with your directly to discuss these with you. All of this information is treated with the strictest confidence.
Some of the support we can provide this year includes:
- Reserved seating in session rooms for those with mobility needs or sensory impairments
- A small number of rooms across the Conference Site Hotels are adapted for those with a disability or specific mobility needs
- Mobility scooters
Do you provide subsidised places for carers?
Lauren: For participants who require the aid of a carer in everyday life, please contact the Limmud office for more information on a subsidised carer place.
Do you offer a bursary scheme?
Samantha: Yes. Financial assistance with the cost of attending Conference will be available until the end of Early-bird booking in early October. Please select this option on the booking form – no immediate payment from you will be required.
All requests for financial assistance will be dealt with in strict confidence.
What other support and facilities does Limmud offer?
Lauren: There are a number of facilities provided to ensure your Conference experience is as positive as it can be, including…
- A quiet room for anyone who needs a personal time out should Conference become overwhelming
- An accessibility hoist facility in the Hilton Metropole swimming pool
- A buddying scheme for first time participants to ensure no one spends Limmud Conference alone
- Support for anyone with mental health requirements.
Day Trips to Limmud Conference
Samantha: We appreciate that attending Limmud residentially is not suitable for everyone.
Lauren: We are coordinating day trips to Limmud for community organisations, such as day Friendship Clubs or residential supported living, whose members are less independent and may not otherwise attend Limmud alone. If you are associated with a community organisation and would like to coordinate a group day trip to Limmud, please contact us.
Samantha: Don’t worry if you are not a member of a community organisation. If you would like to attend Limmud as part of a supported day trip, Samantha and Lauren are on hand to help.
For more information about any of the support we offer or programmes mentioned above, you can contact Samantha and Lauren on firstname.lastname@example.org.