Hull Day Limmud
SUNDAY 7th MAY 2017
Book your place now
for the unique "Pop-Up" Day Limmud event in the UK City of Culture 2017.
Hull boasts one of the longest established Jewish communities in the UK, having just celebrated 250 years of continuous settlement in the city.
Hull History Centre, Worship Street, Hull, HU2 8BG
The history centre is only a 10 minute walk to the train station.
The nearest car parks are only a few minutes walk away (full day parking is £1!)
Albion Street, HU1 3TG & Francis Street, HU2 8EH
What to expect:
A stimulating dose of Limmud with the unique opportunity to understand and experience what makes Jewish Hull so special:
- join in our Heritage Walk around old Jewish Hull with David Lewis & Ann Bennett see more details here
- trace the journey from the rest of the world to Hull with Nicholas Evans
- consider Trump, Israel & the Middle East and ‘Geopolitics 2017’ with Hagai Segal
- explore some ‘Curious Judaica’ with Dickenson’s Real Deal’s David Hakeney - please bring your items!
- examine the ‘great human rights issue of our time’ with Sam Grant (René Cassin)
- reflect on the Israeli-Palestinian conflict with Rafi Cohen-Almagor
- experience the voices of Israel’s founding fathers through writer/performer David Finlay
- learn about Jewish responses to extremism with Eli Ovits, chief exec of Limmud
- hear an exemplary tale of genealogy related by Howard Cuckle
- enjoy the legacy of 10 Jewish classical musicians with part-time chazan Simon Caplan
And more… our programme is being finalised and will be published soon.
Come for the weekend!
With so many things happening in Hull in 2017, why not plan to come for the whole weekend?
Visit www.hull2017.co.uk for further information.
Erev Shabbat & Shabbat services will be taking place at:
• Hull Hebrew Congregation (Orthodox), 30 Pryme Street, Hull, HU10 6SH
• Ne've Shalom (Reform), Great Gutter Lane, Hull, HU10 6DP
- Children are welcome, but we are NOT offering a creche nor a children's/youth programme.
** Concessionary rate are for students with a valid ID and low wage participants.
*** Our YAD places are for participants who can give their time during our event to help, for a discounted place.