Hull Day Limmud
SUNDAY 7th MAY 2017
Join us for the first ever "Pop-UP" Limmud event in Hull.
Hull boasts one of the longest established Jewish communities in the UK, having just celebrated 250 years of continuous settlement in the city.
Hull History Centre, Worship Street, Hull, HU2 8BG
The history centre is only a 10 minute walk to the train station.
The nearest car parks are only a few minutes walk away (full day parking is £1!)
Albion Street, HU1 3TG
Francis Street, HU2 8EH
What to expect:
Our event offers a stimulating dose of Limmud infused with the unique opportunity to understand and experience what makes Jewish Hull so special :
- Jewish Heritage guided walk through the Old Town
- tracing the journey from the rest of the world to Hull from earliest times to present day
- sharing of the Hull Jewish Archive Exhibit (can our exhibition be up like in June?)
Basing ourselves at the Hull History Centre inspires us to explore the past with :
- how to plan an ancestry trail
- hearing the voices of Israel’s founding fathers
- expert exploration of some Jewish antiques
And our curiosity, energy and enthusiasm combine to immerse us in our present and contemplate our future with :
- Jewish food quiz & lost recipe society
- Trump, Israel & the Middle East
- ‘how to punch above your weight as a small community’ forum
- interfaith discussion on the 10 commandments
- challenges to retaining a Jewish identity
- how music transforms prayer
- Jewish responses to extremism
Our programme will be announced soon...watch this space!
Come for the weekend!
With so many things happening in Hull in 2017, why not plan to come for the whole weekend! Visit www.hull2017.co.uk for further information.
Erev Shabbat & Shabbat services will be taking place at:
• Hull Hebrew Congregation (Orthodox), 30 Pryme Street, Hull, HU10 6SH
• Ne've Shalom (Reform), Great Gutter Lane, Hull, HU10 6DP
|Until 10th April||From 11th April|
- Children are welcome, but we are NOT offering a creche nor a children's/youth programme.
** Concessionary rate are for students with a valid ID and low wage participants.
*** Our YAD places are for participants who can give their time during our event to help, for a discounted place.