Limmud the organisation - who's who
It is sometimes hard to work out who is who in Limmud. This page is here to help explain how the governance and non-event structures work.
Limmud's governance and organisational structure is consistent with our values and ethos. Our leadership is made up of long term volunteers with personal and Limmud experience appropriate to their role.
Legally, Limmud is a charity and a company limited by guarantee. The members of the company are made up of our leadership – directors, event chairs, support team chairs. The Limmud company has a board of directors and trustees.
These are currently (February 2017):
- David Hoffman, chair of Limmud
- David Bilchitz, internationl strategic development
- Jonathan Walters, director of UK events support
- Miriam Edelman, treasurer
- Karen Radkowsky, press and PR
- Shoshana Bloom, inclusion and equality
- Robert Owen, programming support
- Shana Boltin, volunteer training
- Shep Rosenman, Limmud North America
There are then events teams, which recruit their own volunteers, set timelines and manage logistics; and support teams which assist all of the above with various organisational responsibility, such as finance, tech, marketing, programming and publications.
Limmud groups outside the UK are also part of Limmud but each is independent. They all sign up to the Limmud values. They are supported by the Limmud International team, led by the Limmud International Steering Group.
Volunteers are supported by a small professional team in the Limmud Office, led by Eli Ovits our Chief Executive.