Cambridge Limmud is back!
Sunday 4 November 2018
at Hills Road Sixth Form CollegeBook your place now
Cambridge Limmud has now launched
This year’s programme offers a sparkling array of sessions spanning all aspects of Jewish learning, the Jewish condition and issues of the day, with exciting presenters. Where else will you find:
- The Cambridge classicist, polymath-extraordinaire and broadcaster Simon Goldhill whose Jerusalem, City of Longing won the Independent Publishers’ Gold Medal for History in 2010
- Haaretz’s diplomatic editor Noa Landau, previously the Editor-in-Chief of the English edition of Israel’s foremost quality daily, with a unique perspective on Israel in the world and the peace process
- Simon Baron-Cohen, the leading authority on autism and the autistic spectrum, a Cambridge professor of clinical psychopathology, well known as a popular science broadcaster
- Noted historian and public intellectual Miri Rubin, who has enlivened Cambridge Day Limmuds in the past and who has a gift for bringing Medieval Christian and Jewish history to life
- The ever-controversial Revd Giles Fraser: the vicar of St Mary’s, Newington, and Guardian columnist, whose articles are always thought provoking, on his love affair with Judaism
- Had the ever-trendy University of California, Berkeley, had to design a Talmudist in its own image, the outcome would have been Daniel Boyarin, who combines great learning with uniquely Berkeley touch
- Nicholas de Lange, the master of all Hebrew-to-English translators, who rendered Amos Oz’s, S. Yizhar’s and A.B. Yehoshua’s books into beautiful English, and who is also a Rabbi and renown Judaic scholar
- Novelists Amanda Craig and Keren David in conversation. Besides being an acclaimed novelist, each leads a double life: Amanda as a literary critic and former children’s books editor of The Times, Keren as the features editor of Jewish Chronicle
- And in another conversation – two legal eagles, Joshua Rozenberg QC and Dan Squires QC on law, human rights and everything
- …and many more! See the full list of our presenters.
Young Limmud programme
There will also be a dedicated Young Limmud programme for the 3–17-year olds, as well as a professionally staffed creche.
See the full list of our presentersPresenters
Don't miss outBook your place now
Come and get a Cambridge education
but without tuition fees and with a lighter touch!