- This event has passed.
Limmud Manchester Online
7 February 2021 @ 11:00 – 17:00
We are really excited to launch the first ever Manchester Day Limmud Online, on Sunday 7 February 2021 from 11 am to 5 pm, on Zoom. Please join us for a unique opportunity to listen to and engage with an exciting blend of local presenters, as well as some from further afield.
Still time to book your place. Tickets only £10 per adult (concessionary rates available – see the bottom of this page)
One Day – Six Hours – Thirty Sessions: Review our full programme and start to plan your day.
- Sandra Abudaram will give us her tour of Jewish Istanbul
- Robyn Ashworth-Steen Rabbi at Manchester Reform Synagogue; human rights and social justice activist
- Roland Brandman chairman of HaMakom
- Andy Burnham elected Mayor of Greater Manchester
- Daniel Cainer award-winning songwriter and entertainer
- Raphael Cohen-Almagor Professor in Politics, Director of the Middle East Study Group (MESG), University of Hull
- Margaret de Haas retired senior Family Court Judge
- Aviva Dautch poet, broadcaster and teacher, executive director at cultural magazine Jewish Renaissance
- David Dee Associate Professor in Modern History at De Montfort University
- Joseph Dweck senior Rabbi of the S&P Sephardi Community of the United Kingdom
- Yehudis Fletcher social and political activist and co-founder of Nahamu, a think tank examining extremism in the Jewish community
- Giles Fraser Anglican priest, journalist and broadcaster who was mentioned in a eulogy for Lord Sacks z”l
- Suzy Glaskie Manchester-based functional medicine health coach and expert in physical/emotional/mental wellbeing
- Liz Goldschmidt Diament senior educator at National Gallery of Art in Washington DC
- Jenny Goodman doctor and practitioner of Ecological Medicine, looking at how nutrition and environment affect physical and mental health
- Nicholas Hytner English theatre and film director and producer
- Clive Lawton educator, broadcaster, writer and co-founder of Limmud
- Dovid Lewis Rabbi of South Manchester Synagogue
- Manchester Jewish Museum
- Jackie Rose GP and Nutritional Therapist, and co-author of To Life! Healthy Jewish Food
- Sarah Sallon director of Louis Borick Natural Medicine Research Centre at the Hadassah Medical Organisation, which cultivated and grew 1900-year-old date seeds found near Masada
- Hagai Segal leading authority on geopolitical issues, strategic risk, the Middle East and counter-terrorism
- Daniel Silverstein teacher of Jewish meditation
- Nicola Shindler British television producer and executive
- Jon Sopel BBC North America editor
- Lindsey Taylor-Guthartz educator, researcher at London School of Jewish Studies
- Adam Wagner human rights barrister, Specialist Advisor to the Joint Committee on the Human Rights COVID 19 Enquiry
- Rafi Zarum Dean of the London School of Jewish Studies
- Miriam Zendle yoga teacher
- Tony Zendle collector of trivia, author of “The Definitive Guide to Jewish Miscellany and Trivia” and “Kosher Foxtrot”
- Marie van der Zyl President of the Board of Deputies of British Jews
- £10 per adult.
- £1 per child.
Concessionary Rates: These prices can be selected on the application form under “Concessionary”.
- £1 per student (18+)
- £1 per adult who has been financially affected by COVID
For all queries on booking, please contact email@example.com
Interested in volunteering? Please contact our Manchester Team at firstname.lastname@example.org