- This event has passed.
- Our programming team has had a really exciting few months researching and inviting a huge number of presenters [see below for confirmed presenters so far];
a supervised crèche with professional staff for babies and toddlers;
a full dedicated youth programme for children from age 4;
a kosher bagel/sandwich lunch, and tea, coffee and biscuits throughout the day;
a shuk to browse and shop at your leisure.
Adults: £40 per person
Pre-School Children (ages 0-3): £15 per child**
School Children (age 4-17): Standard price £20 per child**
Full time students: £25 per student
Yad Scheme:* £20 per adult
*Discount place for committing to volunteering on the day for at least 2 hours.
**Families with three or more children, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a special family discount.
- Suzy Glaskie
- Your Health: G-d’s business or yours?
- Clive Lawton
- Who is a Jew in Africa?
- John Blaskey
- Reike for your Physical, Emotional and Psychological wellbeing
- Yanky Fachler
- The British Plot to steal the Negev from newly-independent Israel
- How Holocaust Hero, Marcus Witztum outwitted Ireland’s No Jews Policy
- Gabriel Webber
- Freedom of Pulpit: Are there Limits on what a Rabbi can say?
- Nathan Abrams
- Eyes Wide Shut: Stanley Kubrick’s Most Jewish Film
- Sue Stern
- Vanessa, the Child who Spoke with her Eyes.
- Ian Vellins
- The Life and Death of Primo Levi
- Matthew Suher
- The Rosenbergs, a Tragedy of the Cold War
- Mark Adlestone
- Life as a Jewish High Sheriff
- Rob Kanter
- Jewish Responses to Enoch Powell’s ‘Rivers of Blood’ speech (1968 – 79)
- David Benkof
- Was Philip Roth a self-hating Jew?
- Jews in American Sixties Culture
- How did Debbie Friedman and Shlomo Carlebach liberate Jewish Music?
- Tony Zendle
- Jews and Jazz
- The Myth of Captain Jack Sparrowvitch
- Jeffrey Newman & Caroline Glassberg-Powell
- Why are we Heading for Extinction, and what can we do about it?
- Robyn Ashworth Steen
- We Belong Together: Belonging and Jewish Communities
- David Berkley & Mohammed Amin
- Does the Quran support Zionism?
- John Minkes with Klavdija Erzen
- Voices and Images of the South Wales Jewish Community
- Dovid Lewis
- The Day the Rabbi Drove on Shabbos & other stories from two decades in the Rabbinate
- David Hoffman
- What is Limmud Anyway?
- Shir Chadash
- Contemporary Jewish Music
- Rachel Creeger
- Oy How We Laughed! Jews and Comedy
- Fabian Sborovsky
- The UK Assembly of Reform Rabbis and Cantors
- Marilyn Blank
- Songs from the Shows
- Jonathan Davies
- The Zohar – the Latest Translation with Commentary from Daniel Matt
- Mark Creeger
- Billion Dollar Fines and Whistle Blowing: A Jewish View of Ethics and Compliance
- American Big Business and the Holocaust
- Mia Hasenson-Gross
- MARVEL(lous) Jewish Superheroes
- Chanan Atlas
- Love is my Religion: a Philosophy of Halacha
- Richard Cohen
- Winston Churchill and the Jews
- Alan Silman
- How Far do our Genes make us Jewish?
- David Finlay
- How rich they are: the Life Story of Yehuda Amichai
- Jon Sussman
- Stem cell-derived meat. What is the prospect for Kosher cheese burgers?
- Kosher Wine Tasting: Is there such a thing as really GOOD Kosher wine?
- Benedict Roth
- Aliyot for Women in an Orthodox Setting?
- Jacqueline Lewis
- A Tasty Tour of Healthy Jewish Foods
- Ed Horwich
- Learn Jewish Podcasting Made Easy
- Marilyn Berg
- The Wisdom of Pirkei Avot, as reflected through the genre of modern romantic fiction
- Eli Ovits
- Creating community through common values
- Stefania Silvestri
- Jewish Women and Emotional Objects
- Paul B Cohen
- Survival is the First Law of Resistance: The heroic struggles of Jewish partisans in World War Two
- Frank Vigon
- Mark Gertler: Inside Out – an Ecstasy of Destruction
- David Goldberg
- Is Advocacy for a Single Democratic State of Israel-Palestine antisemitic?
- Ivan Lewis
- Political Turbulence around the World. What does it all mean?
- Nechama Atlas
- Can Women become Orthodox Rabbis?
- Michael Berkowitz
- New Perspectives on Jews and American Filmmaking during the Second World War.
- Jewish Women Photographers in Film, Fact & Fiction
- Adam Wagner
- Is the Labour Party institutionally antisemitic?
- Julia Wagner
- The ‘Jewish American Princess’ in Hollywood Film
- Tamara Gleason Freiberg & Arturo Kerbel-Shein
- Yiddish, What you never imagined about this Jewish Language.
- Rina Tillinger
- From Class Clown to Class Act: Jewish American Comedians.
- Panel Discussions
- Is Tikkun Olam good for Jewry. Panelists – Jonathan Neumann, Joseph Cohen, Raphi Bloom, Gabriel Webber, Adam Wagner. Mia Hasenson-Gross & Clive Lawton.
- Are we doing enough for children with learning difficulties? With Esty Bruck, Malcolm Joels, Alayne Levy, Sam Salomon
- Ian Ellis
- Matchmaker, Matchmaker, Making the Perfect Genetic Match
- Elliot Cohen
- A Practical Introduction to Meditation
- Jewish Film Society
- 3 Short Films presented by Judith Gordon
- Louise Ellman
- Extremism and Antisemitism
- Alex Klein
- Cantors in the Cinema
- Frank Adam
- Browsing Synagogue Architecture
- Geoffrey Ben-Nathan
- Palestinians or Jews: Whose Land is it?
- Laura Seddon
- Stitching the Sacred in the home
- Clarissa Hyman
- Tomatoes and the Jews
- Max KohanZad
- Shabbat Mindfulness
- The Moon, Mikveh and Magic
- Alayne Levy
- An Arts and Crafts session
- Jonathan Neumann
- Stop Doing Tikkun Olam!
- Andrew Rosemarine
- The Right to Asylum under International Law: How it has benefitted Jews
- Katrina Sarig
- Improving access to screening for severe, life-shortening, Jewish genetic disorders
- Joanne Woolfson
- Don’t Shut your Eyes to Domestic Violence in the Jewish community
- Suzy Glaskie
And many more Presenters and Sessions to be announced soon.
Any questions about the event please contact our Manchester team – email@example.com !
If you have any problems with your online booking please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 020 3115 1620