What are the accommodation options this year?
There are a range of accommodation options available at Limmud Festival this year, depending on your preferences for location, budget, room type and sharing
Similar to last year, on-site accommodation is available in the Hilton, Crowne Plaza (Families) and Genting (Premium) hotels; off-site accommodation is available at the Ibis (a 15 minute walk) and other Economy hotels (a 25 minute walk). Minibus transport to/from the Hilton will be provided free of charge from all off-site hotels throughout the day.
Accommodation is available for both individuals (single rooms) and couples (double rooms). All other rooms, other than Premium, are available for shared occupancy with two single beds (twin rooms). Those attending Limmud Festival with their children will be placed in our Families accommodation.
If you wish to share your room with a partner or friend, you will be able to indicate this on the application form. You do not need to submit your booking at exactly the same time, but you will both need to be attending Festival for the same period, select the same type of accommodation, and name each other as preferred roommate on the application form.
If you are not coming to Festival with a partner or friend, a popular option is to share a room with two single beds. You can indicate this option on the application form by booking a Twin room. Our capable accommodation team will match you up with a suitable roommate, and it’s a great way to meet new people.
If you would prefer not to share your bedroom, single accommodation is available in all hotels (except for Families accommodation in the Crowne Plaza).
The finer details
- WiFi is available for free in all public areas of all the hotels. Details will be provided on your arrival at Limmud Festival.
- In order to make Festival as affordable as possible, Economy, Families, Ibis and Hilton rooms will not be cleaned as standard during your stay. Room cleaning, additional towels and toiletries may be available directly from the hotel for a small fee.
- As we have negotiated a group rate, it will not be possible to accrue loyalty points from any of the hotels for your stay at Limmud Festival.
- Some of the single bedrooms in the Hilton Metropole which we will be using for Limmud Festival 2019 do not have a bathroom door. Instead, a contemporary screen separates the bathroom area from the rest of the bedroom. If you would prefer to have a traditional room with a lockable bathroom door then please contact the Limmud Office.
- Each booking will be subject to a room deposit of £25 per adult, to cover our costs in the unlikely event of damage or late check-out. Deposits will be refundable after Festival. It will also be possible to make a charitable donation to Limmud from your room deposit – more details will be provided at the event. Ticking the Gift Aid box on the application form when you book will allow Gift Aid to be claimed on this donation if you choose to make it.
- Though we are staying in highly rated hotels, in order to keep the starting cost of coming to Festival as low as possible, certain facilities will have a nominal extra charge including:
- Entry to the swimming pool, the spa and gym (£5 per entry per person)
- Additional towels and toiletries for the room (£2 for extra towels; £2 for extra toiletries)
- A refresh of the tea and coffee facilities in the room (£2 per refresh)
- If you want to use such services, you will need to pay the relevant hotel directly who may request a credit card deposit.