Limmud is for everyone…
- All ages – there is suitable programming for all
- All accessibility requirements – improving the accessibility provision that we offer including mobility scooters and suitable accommodation
- All additional needs – offering support for anyone attending Limmud Festival with additional needs
We’re making an extra effort to ensure Festival is a safe and inclusive environment where everyone is free to make the most of their Festival experience as they wish.
We have a team of volunteers responsible for ensuring Limmud Festival is inclusive for everyone. They have answered some FAQ’s that may be on your mind when applying for Limmud Festival 2018.
How do I let Limmud know about my medical needs?
Please include details of access, medical or other needs on your application form, and we will do our best to meet your needs. All of this information is treated with the strictest confidence.
What support do you provide for participants with additional needs?
Please include details of access, medical or other needs on your application form, and a member of the Festival team will be in touch with you directly to see how we can meet your needs. All of this information is treated with the strictest confidence.
Some of the support we can provide includes:
- Reserved seating in session rooms for those with mobility needs or sensory impairments
- A small number of hotel rooms across the site that are adapted for those with a disability or specific mobility needs
- Mobility scooters
Do you provide subsidised places for carers?
For participants who require the aid of a carer in everyday life, please contact the Limmud office for more information on a subsidised carer place.
Do you offer financial assistance?
Yes. For information about the Limmud financial assistance scheme for participants, please contact the Limmud office. Please note the deadline to apply is Sunday 15 October.
What other support and facilities does Limmud offer?
There are a number of facilities provided to ensure your Festival experience is as positive as it can be, including…
- A quiet room for anyone who needs a personal time-out should Festival become overwhelming
- An accessibility hoist facility in the Hilton swimming pool
- A buddying scheme for first time participants to ensure no one spends Limmud Festival alone
- Support for anyone with mental health requirements.
Day Trips to Limmud Festival
We appreciate that attending Limmud residentially is not suitable for everyone.
We are coordinating day trips to Limmud for community organisations – such as day Friendship Clubs or residential supported living, whose members are less independent and may not otherwise attend Limmud alone. If you are associated with a community organisation and would like to coordinate a group day trip to Limmud, please contact us.
Don’t worry if you are not a member of a community organisation. If you would like to attend Limmud as part of a supported day trip, our Inclusion team is on hand to help.
For more information about any of the support we offer or programmes mentioned above, you can email Lauren and Hannah.