Limmud is for everyone…
- All ages – with sessions and activities for people from 0 to 100+!
- All accessibility requirements – with everyone together in one space this year, we can offer more such as accessible programming rooms and bedrooms, and provide mobility scooters (subject to availability)
- All additional needs – we offer support for anyone attending Limmud Festival with additional needs
- Affordable for Everyone – we aim to make Festival accessible to all financially
We’re making an extra effort to ensure Festival is a safe and inclusive environment where everyone is free to make the most of their Festival experience as they wish.
We have a team of volunteers responsible for ensuring Limmud Festival is inclusive for everyone. They have answered some FAQs that may be on your mind when applying for Limmud Festival 2022.
How do I let Limmud know about my medical needs?
Please include details of access, medical or other needs on your application form, and we will do our best to meet your needs. All of this information is treated with the strictest confidence.
What support do you provide for participants with additional needs?
Once you have submitted your application form, a member of the Festival team will be in touch with you directly to see how we can meet your needs. All of this information is treated with the strictest confidence.
Some of the support we can provide includes:
- Reserved seating in session rooms for those with mobility needs or sensory impairments
- A small number of hotel rooms across the site that are adapted for those with a disability or specific mobility needs
- The loan of a mobility scooters for the duration of the event
Do you provide subsidised places for carers?
For participants who require support of a Carer to undertake daily living tasks, please contact the Limmud office at firstname.lastname@example.org, for more information on a subsidised carer place.
Do you offer financial assistance?
Limmud aims to make Festival Affordable for Everyone.
All applications for financial assistance are reviewed independently and confidentially. The deadline to apply is 12 October 2022. Any requests after this date will be considered, but subject to availability. For all queries, please visit the Affordable for Everyone page, or email email@example.com.
What other support and facilities does Limmud offer?
There are a number of facilities provided to ensure your Festival experience is as positive as it can be, including…
- Orientation sessions to help participants get to know the Festival site.
- A quiet room for anyone who needs a personal time-out
- An hoist facility in the Hilton swimming pool. (This is an additional cost per participant, per use of the facilities. These facilities will not be open for all the dates of Festival due to Christmas closures).
- A buddying scheme for first time participants to ensure no one spends Limmud Festival alone
- Limited support for anyone with mental health requirements.
- Large printed copies of the programme on request