Welcome to YTL!
Young and Teen Limmud is one of the most exciting parts of Limmud Festival which caters for children aged 4–11 (Young Limmud) and teenagers aged 12–17 (Teen Limmud). Every year, parents and children agree that YTL is a fantastic experience, so come and find out for yourself!
Young and Teen Limmud is run entirely by volunteer madrichim from a range of diverse backgrounds, who are essential in making YTL a fantastic experience for all of its participants.
What is a Madrich/a?
- A Madrich/a is a youth leader, who is supported by a Rosh (head of year group). Madrichim are there to ensure each child at YTL has a fantastic experience in a safe and inclusive environment.
- Being a Madrich/a or Rosh is an incredibly rewarding role where you are responsible for running YTL- Young and Teen Limmud. It’s an amazing way for you to experience Limmud Festival.
- After receiving full training, which will provide you with transferrable skills and a supportive team, you are tasked with writing and running your own sessions that can be about anything- they range from science to Israeli politics, and music to volunteering.
- Madrichim also assist experienced presenters in running their sessions.
- At night, you are free to enjoy main Limmud Festival at your leisure. You’ll receive a heavily subsidised place, a shared room in the Hilton for the entirety of Festival (including Shabbat) and an opportunity to make life-long friends and gain excellent experience in working with children.
- You need to be available our YTL weekend retreat, which takes place in November, and for the entirety of Festival. This option is open to anyone aged 17+.
If you have enjoy working with children, work well in a team and are interested in attending Limmud Festival 2019 as a Madrich/a or Rosh in YTL, please email this year’s co-chairs, Natalia and Noah, at email@example.com.