The afikomen is hidden away, before being sought out by determined children. It reminds us that the Israelites’ freedom was hidden away until it was uncovered by the bold leadership Moses.
In the last century, many bold leaders have enabled refugees to find their route to safety and freedom.
Sir Nicholas Winton helped to save 6% of all children on the Kindertransport. Who rescued the other 94%? Mike Levy tells the remarkable but largely forgotten stories of the ‘other Wintons’ including the audacious Rabbi Schonfeld, the determined Quaker Bertha Bracey and the Dutch hero Geertruida Wijsmuller-Meijer. Watch Mike’s session from Limmud Festival 2020 here.